Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Accent or Drawl...

Hello,

Hope your day went well.  :)

My day went pretty good.   When I came home for lunch today, I took a few pictures.

Do you remember, last year when my ornamental pear tree was damaged in a storm?  It lost a big limb which left one side stripped bare.  Yesterday another side of the tree split.  I guess it did so because of the heat and dryness.



Here it is split...







Here it is cut and diced.



Then I took shots of some of my pretty flowers.  Here is the moss rose... this picture does not do them justice, as the colors are so vibrant to the naked eye.



The marigolds are loaded down...

and I got this pretty butterfly too.








+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CHANGES....

As you know there have been quite a few changes at work in the past year.  The changes are still happening but I believe for the good.   I found out yesterday that we will be scheduled off all of next week.  I hadn't planned on that, but I plan on enjoying the time off just the same. :)

I also found today, I have a new supervisor starting the week we return to work.  I look forward to that case as I understand he has a lot of experience in environment, health and safety.  I'm taking a 30 hour OSHA course online, but also hope to learn from a more experienced person.  

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

INSPIRATIONAL THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Every journey has an end... but when it does, a new one begins.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE OF SILLINESS

Visit SeanConnery.com 

 My daughter informed me, today, there is a National Speak like Sean Connery Day.  Now being a Sean Connery fan, I had to look that up and sure enough, there happens to be several.

Go figure.

The one that makes the most sense to me is the one on his birthday, August 25.  Though I won't participate due to the fact I cannot get the accent... yes I have tried ... (there's the silliness for you).  If God wanted me to talk like that He would planted me in beautiful Scotland instead of the southern part of the United States with its southern charm and drawl.  :)

I have been a fan of Sean Connery since my childhood.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I guess that's all I have this evening.

Have a terrific Thursday!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

2 comments:

  1. LOL Oh, I'm a big Sean Connery fan, too....my kids are good at impressions of him...lines from the Elliott Ness movie, the famous line from Red October, "get off my sub" and more. Heehee! Ya know, I think he looked better as he matured, then in the Bond movies! Just sayin'!
    Love your marigolds - they are one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree, he is definitely a man who aged well. :)

      Delete

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham