Saturday, June 9, 2012

Believe...

Hello,

It's been a busy week.  Hope all has gone well with you.

Early in the week we were blessed with some much needed rain.



When I woke this morning, I had a list of things I needed to work on today.
  1. Work on crocheted baby afghan
  2. Christmas block of the month
  3. Weekly recipe
  4. Owl project
  5. Hoffman challenge
What did I get done?
  1. Worked on crocheted baby afghan... have 17 blocks done thus far.
  2. Finished Christmas block of the month... this is block #6, you can see the instructions by clicking the AQST Block of the Month tab.
  3. Cooked the weekly recipe.  It is posted below and will be on the Weekly Recipes page (click tab above).
  4. Started on Owl.  Had to draw out and plan my pattern, but got most of it done... Still need to stuff it and finish it up.
So, I was able to accomplish a little today.  I plan to finish the Owl tomorrow, that way I can work on my Hoffman challenge next week.  I need to have it finished in time for the quilt guild meeting this month, July 19th.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I've been needing to replace my worn out tennis shoes and getting a new pair of jeans.  Yesterday, I went shopping.  I prayed earlier in the day asking my Heavenly Father to show me the shoes and jeans I need at a price I could afford.

So I went shopping for shoes first.   I try to buy Asics with duomax because I need very good arch support. The shoes usually run $70 or more.   So I'm looking through the shoes and I find a pair for $79.99, $144.99... I'm thinking "no way" to the $144... looking at the $79... and then my daughter says "Hey mom check these out"... she found a pair for $59.99.   I sat down and tried them on.   Perfect!   

So then I go looking for a pair of jeans.   I like Lee jeans, but there weren't any in the store I was at.  So I thought I'd try a pair of Levis... I'm looking at $39.99 for a pair of jeans, but I realize it is hard to find a good pair of jeans for less than that... So I try on a pair and I like them.   I make my way to the register and pay for my finds.   As I'm walking out, I'm looking at the receipt and I find that I paid $19.99 for the jeans!    

Between the shoes and the jeans, I had a total savings of $40.    Thank you Heavenly Father!

You may ask, "Do you really believe God has a hand in that kind of thing?"  My answer is Yes, I believe He is involved in every aspect of my life.

Mark 11: 22-24  And Jesus answering said unto them, Have faith in God.  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.  Therefore I say unto yo, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

So, my mountain was needing new shoes and jeans but had minimal cash to spend.  I asked and received what I needed within my budget.   How cool is that!!  :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

WEEKLY RECIPE

I received this recipe from my friend Marita Cooper.

Mexican Chicken
1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos - crushed
1 onion - chopped
3 boneless chicken breast, fully cooked and chopped or shredded
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel
1 8 oz. bag of shredded cheese
Cayenne pepper

Cook chicken until done, then shred.   Mix cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and rotel together and heat.  Mix the chicken and soup mixture together.  Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray and layer the ingredients as follows.
  1. half of crushed Doritos
  2. chopped onions
  3. half of  shredded cheese
  4. chicken/soup mixture
  5. rest of crushed Doritos
  6. rest of shredded cheese
Bake in a 350° F oven until bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, I guess that's all I have for now.   Have a beautiful rest of the weekend!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to your comments. :)

Beauty of Giving

www.youravon.com/sparham